TO: SURVIVORS OF “SANDY” AND ALL RESIDENTS OF SOUTHERN BROOKLYN
WHAT PLANS ARE BEING MADE TO KEEP THE WATERS OUT OF OUR HOMES IN THE EVENT OF ANOTHER “SANDY” EVENT?
IS YOUR HOME IN A FLOOD ZONE?
WHAT WILL YOUR FLOOD INSURANCE RATES LOOK LIKE NEXT YEAR–THE YEAR AFTER AND THE YEAR AFTER…???
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PROTECT YOUR HOME?
GET THE ANSWERS TO THESE AND OTHER QUESTIONS
CONGRESSMAN HAKEEEM JEFFRIES
Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz
Councilman Chaim Deutsch
JOINS WITH THE MANHATTAN BEACH COMMUNITY GROUP
TOWN HALL MEETING
WEDNESDAY, MAY 27TH,
AT P.S. 195
(Irwin St. and Hampton Ave.)
THE ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS: WHAT IS PLANNED TO KEEP THE WATERS OUT OF OUR HOMES?
FEMA: NEW FLOOD MAPS: WHAT FLOOD ZONE ARE YOU IN AND WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR SAFETY?
WHAT WILL YOUR FLOOD INSURANCE LOOK LIKE NEXT YEAR–AND IN THE YEARS TO COME?
OTHER AGENCIES WITH RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE IN DANGER OF ANOTHER STORM EVENT
(HURRICANE SEASON IS FAST APPROACHING).
EVERYONE IS INVITED…BE AWARE…BE INFORMED
MESSAGE FROM JUDY BARON, PRESIDENT:
YOUR LARGEST INVESTMENT IS PROBABLY YOUR HOME!
THE MAYOR HAS PRESENTED A NEW ZONING PLAN THAT INCLUDES HIGH RISE BUILDINGS, AFFORDABLE HOUSING, MORE PEOPLE, MORE DENSITY, LESS SUNLIGHT…AND THAT IS NOT ALL….
THE MAYOR’S PLAN INCLUDES ALL NEIGHBORHOODS AND DOES NOT EXCLUDE MANHATTAN BEACH!!!
ON TUESDAY, MAY 19TH, LEARN ABOUT THE MAYOR’S NEW PLAN FOR NYC!
THE TIME: 7:30 P.M.
THE PLACE: CARMINE CARO COMMUNITY CENTER
( MARINE PARK AT FILMORE AVE AND MARINE PARKWAY–AMPLE PARKING)
SPONSORED BY THE MARINE PARK CIVIC ASSOCIATION
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION STREET CLOSINGS FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
SATURDAY: MAY 16
Brooklyn Half Marathon
The following streets will be closed Saturday from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm Noon for the Brooklyn Half Marathon as permitted by the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO).
- Washington Avenue between Eastern Parkway and Empire Boulevard
- Empire Boulevard between Washington Avenue and Flatbush Avenue
- Flatbush Avenue between Empire Boulevard and Grand Army Plaza
- Grand Army Plaza (Entire Circle)
- Ocean Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Parkside Avenue
- Parkside Avenue between Ocean Avenue and Park Circle
Route(In Prospect Park):
- West Lake Drive between East Drive and South Lake Drive
- South Lake Drive between West Lake Drive and East Lake Drive
- East Lake Drive between South Lake Drive and East Drive
- West Drive between East Drive and West Lake Drive
- Park Circle between South Lake Drive and Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp
- Ocean Parkway between Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp and Surf Avenue
- Surf Avenue between Ocean Parkway and West 12th Street
- Boardwalk between West 10th Street and Stillwell Avenue
- West 10th Street between Surf Avenue and Boardwalk
SUNDAY: MAY 17
BAYFEST: music, entertainment, fun for the family on Emmons Avenue FREE
THE BAYFEST will produce following street closures in Brooklyn begins Sunday at 6:00am to 7:45pm – 8:00pm. THE BAYFEST means likely congestion and interruption the normal flow of traffic in the area in Brooklyn.
- Emmons Avenue between East 28th Street and Ocean Avenue (East bound only)
THE BAYFEST STARTS Sunday from 12:00 pm Noon to 6 pm
Councilman Chaim Deutsch is welcoming community members to attend a town hall meeting about Access-A-Ride eligibility and services. This town hall meeting will afford Access-A-Ride users to discuss problems or issues they have faced while utilizing the service.
Councilman Deutsch and his staff have handled dozens of Access-A-Ride constituent cases in recent months, and he is encouraging local residents to attend Monday’s town hall meeting to share ideas for improvement with Access-A-Ride service.
If you have questions about the Paratransit system, this meeting is for you!
The town hall meeting will take place on Monday, May 18th at 6:30pm at Trump Village Section 4, 2928 West 5th Street, Building 6A, Community Room.