Trees New York will be sending a forester to train people interested in caring for trees. This will take place on June 2nd from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Manhattan Beach Park. We will meet at the park office.
All those interested are welcome to attend.
THE NEXT MEETING OF THE MANHATTAN BEACH COMMUNITY GROUP WILL BE HELD ON: WEDNESDAY, May, 16TH, P.S. 195, 7:30 P.M.
SPECIAL GUEST: Principal Bernadette Toomey will discuss concerns and issues at PS 195
Our neighborhood is fortunate to have a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School! However, even if you don’t have children attending our Manhattan Beach School, it is in your interest as a homeowner to attend this meeting!
FREE!!! Sign up with FloodHelpNY for a Free Elevation Certificate (Value $800), Check Valve to keep water out of your home, inspection of your home to make it more flood-proof. NYHelps will be at the meeting to sign you up, just bring your New York State driver’s license.
Update: recent Dept. of Parks meeting, Solar Panel problem in the Manhattan Beach Park…elected representatives…and more…
Everyone is welcome, bring a neighbor, bring a friend….light refreshments.
Promenade – Phase II
Public Scope Meeting, Wednesday, May 2nd 7:00pm
Meeting will take place at the Manhattan Beach Jewish Center (2nd floor) – 60 West End Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235 (there is no parking available at the venue. Please park on the street or use public transportation.)
Join NYC Parks to share your ideas for the renovation of the Manhattan Beach promenade!
Want to learn more? Want to get involved? Can’t make the meeting? Contact and send suggestions to:
- Special guest: Principal Bernadette Toomey will discuss concerns and issues at PS 195
- Presentation requested by the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation asking for your thoughts, concerns and suggestions as they plan to rehabilitate the promenade in the Manhattan Beach Park.
- Continuing discussion: NYC disregarding the unanimous vote of the MBCG, Community Board 15, along with the opposition of all of our elected representatives regarding the placement of a solar paneled roof over the parking lot in the Manhattan Beach Park!!! YOUR SAFETY AND THAT OF OUR COMMUNITY IS IN JEOPARDY IF THIS PLAN CONTINUES!!!
- Continuing sign-ups regarding lowering your flood insurance premiums by providing the necessary Flood Elevation Certificate and inspection of your home (a FREE $800 value). If you haven’t signed up, you can do so at the meeting… just bring your driver’s license.
- There is always more to talk about….everyone is welcome…light refreshments.
THEREFORE THE MANHATTAN BEACH COMMUNITY GROUP IS CANCELLING OUR MARCH MEETING ORIGINALLY CALLED FOR TOMORROW EVENING.
NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21st, P.S. 195, 7:30 P.M..…
The agenda will include the following and more:
How is the new neighborhood policing working? A report from our police officers.
A FREE Elevation Certificate along with an Engineer’s Report (an $800 value) is necessary to lower the cost of your Flood Insurance…you can sign up at the meeting…just bring your driver’s license.
Update and status report: Installation of solar panels on a two story roof to be placed over the entire parking lot in the Manhattan Beach Park…unanimously opposed by the MBCG at our last meeting will be discussed.
Suspicious recent early morning fire in the children’s playground in the MB Park…under investigation by the NYC Fire Marshal.
COMING SOON!!! A NEW POLICING PROGRAM FROM THE NYPD!
YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THIS MEETING IS IMPERATIVE IF YOU WANT MANHATTAN BEACH TO BE A SAFER NEIGHBORHOOD!
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2018
KINGSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE—Rotunda Hall
(ask for directions at the gate…lots of parking)
DOORS OPEN: 6:30 PM, MEETING STARTS: 7:00 PM
LIGHT FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
* meet those officers assigned to Manhattan Beach
* you will be able to discuss your concerns with them
* you will receive cell phone/Facebook/other social media methods to communicate directly with the officers
THE MORE ATTENDEES FROM MANHATTAN BEACH THE STRONGER THE MESSAGE IS THAT WE WANT THIS PROGRAM TO WORK FOR US!
The police have asked for a count (as soon as possible) of how many residents will be attending… You can call us directly at 718-200-1845 or email us at ManhattanBeachBrooklyn.org@