- Special guest: Principal Bernadette Toomey will discuss concerns and issues at PS 195
- Presentation requested by the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation asking for your thoughts, concerns and suggestions as they plan to rehabilitate the promenade in the Manhattan Beach Park.
- Continuing discussion: NYC disregarding the unanimous vote of the MBCG, Community Board 15, along with the opposition of all of our elected representatives regarding the placement of a solar paneled roof over the parking lot in the Manhattan Beach Park!!! YOUR SAFETY AND THAT OF OUR COMMUNITY IS IN JEOPARDY IF THIS PLAN CONTINUES!!!
- Continuing sign-ups regarding lowering your flood insurance premiums by providing the necessary Flood Elevation Certificate and inspection of your home (a FREE $800 value). If you haven’t signed up, you can do so at the meeting… just bring your driver’s license.
- There is always more to talk about….everyone is welcome…light refreshments.
THEREFORE THE MANHATTAN BEACH COMMUNITY GROUP IS CANCELLING OUR MARCH MEETING ORIGINALLY CALLED FOR TOMORROW EVENING.
NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21st, P.S. 195, 7:30 P.M..…
The agenda will include the following and more:
How is the new neighborhood policing working? A report from our police officers.
A FREE Elevation Certificate along with an Engineer’s Report (an $800 value) is necessary to lower the cost of your Flood Insurance…you can sign up at the meeting…just bring your driver’s license.
Update and status report: Installation of solar panels on a two story roof to be placed over the entire parking lot in the Manhattan Beach Park…unanimously opposed by the MBCG at our last meeting will be discussed.
Suspicious recent early morning fire in the children’s playground in the MB Park…under investigation by the NYC Fire Marshal.
COMING SOON!!! A NEW POLICING PROGRAM FROM THE NYPD!
YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THIS MEETING IS IMPERATIVE IF YOU WANT MANHATTAN BEACH TO BE A SAFER NEIGHBORHOOD!
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2018
KINGSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE—Rotunda Hall
(ask for directions at the gate…lots of parking)
DOORS OPEN: 6:30 PM, MEETING STARTS: 7:00 PM
LIGHT FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
* meet those officers assigned to Manhattan Beach
* you will be able to discuss your concerns with them
* you will receive cell phone/Facebook/other social media methods to communicate directly with the officers
THE MORE ATTENDEES FROM MANHATTAN BEACH THE STRONGER THE MESSAGE IS THAT WE WANT THIS PROGRAM TO WORK FOR US!
The police have asked for a count (as soon as possible) of how many residents will be attending… You can call us directly at 718-200-1845 or email us at ManhattanBeachBrooklyn.org@
Our Annual meeting on Wednesday, December 6th was very successful with an attendance of 123 residents. The Keynote Speaker was the Public Advocate of the City of New York, the Honorable Letitia James who is the second highest NYC elected official after the Mayor. Ms. James spoke about many issues, with one theme close to home concerning her native Brooklyn and keeping Brooklyn– “Brooklyn”! We were also surprised when the Comptroller, Scott Stringer joined us. The Comptroller is the third highest elected official in our City and his remarks included his concerns regarding the Transit System and the Buses, in particular. We asked that he look into the “not in service” buses that pass us by no matter what the weather or time of day! Community Service Awards were presented to Michael Fallo and Boris Mantell….Councilman Chaim Deutsch spoke about his plans for helping his district in the next year and installed our Board members for 2018….Letitia James gave the oath of office to our officers for the coming year. We were joined by our State Senator, Marty Golden wh helped kick off the party with food and live music that continued after the meeting. (Regrets from Assemblyman Cymbrowitz who was called to Albany by the Governor.)
Attached please find a sampling of photos our “in-house” photographers took.
Thanks to those who helped put this event together…to the Chairwoman: Marilyn Chernin and all those who had a part in making the evening so successful: Marty Baron, Nina Chin, Rima DuBowski, Michael Fallo, Shari Kaplan, Mona Kavowras, Susan Klapper, Flori Kostoff, Boris Mantell, Rita Mantell, Fran Olk, Ruth Rootenberg, Rena Samin, Newt Tanner.
Wednesday, December 6th, at 7:30pm
P.S. 195 on Irwin Street and Hampton Avenue
Election and Installation of the 2018 Officers and Board of Directors
Greetings from our local Elected Representatives
Festivities to follow — Food, Fun, Friends!
Everyone is Welcome
YOU ASKED….HOW WILL THE NY POLICE DEPARTMENT’S NEW “NEIGHBORHOOD” POLICING POLICY HELP US IN MANHATTAN BEACH WHEN IT BEGINS IN JANUARY?
WE RESPONDED BY INVITING CAPTAIN JAMES KING, COMMANDING OFFICER OF OUR 61ST PRECINCT TO DISCUSS THIS PROGRAM.
YOU ASKED US TO FOLLOW UP ON FLOOD INSURANCE AND WHETHER AN ELEVATION CERTIFICATE WILL REDUCE YOUR INSURANCE COSTS.